Many of my couples really don’t know where to start when planning a destination wedding. Information online can make it seem daunting and off putting, but please don’t be put off.
Planning a destination wedding is actually easier than planning a wedding at home as long as you have a local wedding planner who will guide you through each step, advise on budget, recommend venues based on your requirements, negotiate with, recommend and coordinate suppliers, manage logistics and give you advice & guidance ensuring that you are relaxed and can enjoy the fun parts of planning your destination wedding.
One of the first steps to take is to find a good wedding planner in your chosen location including: Make sure that they are registered to work in their country and have the necessary insurances.
- Find out if they are qualified to be a wedding planner and if they are experienced. (I am a qualified Wedding Planner having achieved a Distinction in the Wedding Planning Course & Exam).
- Ensure that they are familiar with all of the suppliers and they have actually visited the venues you are talking about so they can give you honest feedback about them and talk to you about logistics and layout.
- Ask about their fees and any hidden/additional costs that may arise.
- Find out if there is any biased to a specific venue or supplier that they recommend.
- Look at their social media and websites, listen to what others are saying about them, and also look at the quality of the correspondence they have with you before you make your final decision.
- You are trusting them with the biggest day of your lives so it is important that you take time to make the right decision.
- Most of our couples do not come and view their wedding venue or meet us before booking their wedding, they trust our advice, do their own research online and feel comfortable that they have booked a beautiful venue for their special day. Of course if couples are able to travel out and visit us, we welcome venue visits and love showing couples a few venues before they book ‘the one’.
A good planner will take over the burden and responsibility of trying to plan a wedding in another country. They will guide you through all of the options and negotiate on your behalf, they know what is a competitive price and will manage all of the logistics for you from now until your wedding day. They can talk to you honestly about the venues and how these meet your personal objectives and can recommend suppliers to suit your needs.
So once you have chosen your wedding location and your wedding planner, what are the next steps?
Well the next most important thing is that you have a clear idea of what your requirements are: you need to have an idea of guest numbers, time of year, style of wedding/venue, also a rough idea of budget. Your Wedding Planner can then consider which venues are suitable for your personal requirements and they can give you lots of information about suitable venues, provide photos & videos and an idea of costs.
I cannot tell you how other planners work but we provide all of our couples with a Wedding Proposal for each of their favourite venues. This proposal documents the exact costs of your wedding day so you know exactly what you are getting and how much it costs before booking your wedding, ensuring there are no nasty surprises later on. If you then decide to go ahead with a wedding, you pay the wedding planning fee and a deposit to the venue to secure your wedding date. Then as your planner we will guide you through all of the options regarding the design, logistics, suppliers etc and book each required supplier, again you would pay a deposit to each supplier. Most payments are due 6-12 weeks before the wedding, giving you time to save and budget if necessary.
We will coordinate and manage all of the suppliers from now until the wedding day, then nearer the big day we produce a timeline of and give this to every supplier so everyone knows what is happening and when.
We work closely with you to create your own unique wedding style and love to see your personal uniquely styled wedding come to life on the big day.
We plan weddings in the Northern Costa Blanca in Spain and have a wide range of venues to suit all styles and budgets including villa weddings, seafront and sea-view weddings, rustic weddings, beach weddings, in towns including Javea, Denia, Moraira, Calpe, Altea and Benissa.
So hopefully this has given you an idea of how to get started. If you are looking for information on costs, then please visit our Venues Page, each venue page has information on the venue and the prices.
If you want to find out more about having your unique wedding here in Spain, then please feel free to get in touch!
Happy Planning! Angela x
We are qualified planners with vast experience, a selection of hand picked stunning venues and personally selected quality wedding suppliers. This combined with our knowledge, passion and love; we will plan and design you a day to remember for the rest of your lives.
We take over the burden and responsibility of planning a wedding from another country; we manage the logistics and planning on your behalf and are here to guide and support you from now until the big day – meaning that we take away the stress and give you an enjoyable and relaxing planning journey.
Altea is a stunning place to have your wedding ceremony and celebrations, with a wide range of venues to suit all styles and budgets.
We have a large collection of unique and wonderful wedding venues in and around Altea including villas, hotels, beaches, seaside restaurants, country mansions and gardens. We can advise and recommend the most suitable venues for your requirements. Additionally we love to plan weddings at private villa’s so if you have a family or holiday villa and want your wedding held there, we can’t wait to transform your villa into a wedding heaven!
Here are a selection of our weddings and venues, but please feel free to visit our venues page for more information on each of our venues.