Weddings in Spain: Do I need a Wedding Planner?
What is a wedding planner? What do they do? Why do I need one? These are some of the most common questions when considering using a wedding planner. So this group of blogs gives you the top reasons as to why you should hire one.
So do you need a Wedding Planner when planning your destination wedding? I am not going to tell you that you do, this of course is your decision, but here are some points for you to consider:
- Some experts believe that it takes a couple 15 hours a week to plan a wedding,
that´s like a part time job! Do you have enough free time to do this?
- Can you visit the venue in person before making the booking? If not will you receive an honest opinion of how the venue looks, the layout and how it would suit your requirements, from the venue staff?
- How will you find all of the suppliers that you need? Some weddings need in excess of 15 suppliers to come together on the big day!
- Who is going to deal with all of your questions, worries and concerns, what will you do when something doesn’t go to plan and there is no one to take advice from?
- On the morning of your wedding who will set up your wedding aisle, make sure the tables are laid correctly and deal with any issues that arise – and don’t say your Mum or your best friend because they will be with you getting ready!
- Your venue has a wedding coordinator, surely thats enough? In most cases employed venue coordinators interest lays only with the venue and they are restricted to making sure their staff are doing what they are supposed to and the venue is ready for your use.
- Do you have any idea how to distribute your wedding budget, when you don’t know how much anything costs? A good planner will be able to take your budget and allocate the right amount to each part and be able to make adjustments to make your priorities affordable.
- You have spent months going through Pinterest and have tons of ideas of what you want, but how to do focus all of these images and bring them together into one beautiful wedding day.
- How are you going to deal with the stress and pressure of figuring out what you are supposed to be doing, making all of these decisions, spending lots of your free time dedicated to everything wedding, and spending this huge amount of money, all in the hope that everything will be alright on the day? Many brides find that their partners are busy with work and the responsibility is left greatly to them, this is often when Bridezilla appears – in the last few months when it all gets too much for one person to deal with.
Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime moment, and you should be there to enjoy it without interruption, you should be guided along on the crest of a wave, with time to spare a peaceful and intimate moment with your new spouse, to be able to take it all in; not running around in your dressing gown, with your hair half done, laying out the seating name tags and talking to the florist about where the flowers are going.
So talk properly with your partner and work out what is best for you, some wedding planners will provide you with partial support, so you can do some of the work but have the support and guidance that you need.
If you want to talk about how I can support you and help you to plan your perfect wedding day, then get in touch with me now to find out more!